If you are looking for windows for your home, be it that you have a new home or perhaps you are looking to replace old timber windows that are past their best, there are a multitude of reasons why you should consider a uPVC window ahead of any other type of window. Before you make any quick decisions with regard to what windows you want, shop around, do plenty of online research and drive a hard bargain with the retailer or manufacturer that you do decide to do business with. Below are ten of the best reasons why we think you should give serious consideration to uPVC windows with double or even triple glazing.
- Given the rising cost of oil and gas, it is important that the windows you install are going to help you to cut down on your fuel bills. Quality uPVC windows are thermally efficient and over a period of time will make a real difference to the amount of money you spend on heating and cooling costs.
- uPVC windows are available in large range of colors and styles. However all that has changed and you can get traditional sliding sash windows, tilt and turn windows and any other style you may wish for, all in a vast array of colors and even in ‘woodgrain’. A quality PVC window in a ‘woodgrain’ finish is hard to distinguish from a natural timber window from any distance.
- Good double or triple glazing will assist your window frame in being thermally efficient, will make your property more secure and will be safer, insofar as it will not shatter in the same way that single glazing can.
- uPVC windows require very little maintenance from the time you install them, right up until you decide to change them again. As these windows have a conservative lifespan of around 25 years that is a lot of ‘non-window maintenance’ free time you are creating for yourself.
- It is a known fact that potential purchasers and tenants of properties consider having uPVC double glazed windows to be high on their list of ‘must haves’ when they are viewing a home.
- In many cases a quality uPVC window unit will be more affordable than a timber window with the same thermal capacity.
- With modern production techniques, a uPVC double glazed window can be designed to suit your special requirements, so whether you want all of your windows constructed in a particular way, or just one special window for your home, a good manufacturer should be able to see to your needs.
- Apart from strong glazing being an asset when it comes to improving the security of your home, uPVC window frames are stronger than timber frames and have excellent locking systems built into each frame, thereby making it difficult for would-be intruders.
- When you do decide to replace your windows in years to come, you will be able to take comfort from the knowledge that the components that make up uPVC windows are recyclable and that the recycling process for these products is improving all of the time.
- Properly glazed windows will not only give you added warmth in your home in the winter but can also protect the inhabitants of the home and all of the furnishings against harmful rays from the sun.
So there you have ten good reasons why a uPVC window will outperform most, if not all other window types. If you want uPVC windows for your home, then we are ready to help you with the right choice.